Website Ali & Sons Contracting Abu Dhabi
Ali & Sons Contracting Abu Dhabi is seeking a detail-oriented and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Abu Dhabi. The Quantity Surveyor will play a crucial role in managing the costs and contracts of construction projects to ensure they are completed within budget and to the highest quality standards.
Quantity Surveyor Job Description
Company: Ali & Sons Contracting Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Cost Estimation: Prepare accurate cost estimates for construction projects based on architectural drawings, specifications, and other relevant documentation.
- Tender Preparation: Assist in the preparation of tender documents, including bills of quantities, specifications, and contract documents, in collaboration with the project team.
- Contract Administration: Administer contracts and agreements with subcontractors, suppliers, and other third-party vendors. Review and negotiate contract terms and conditions as necessary.
- Cost Control: Monitor project costs and expenditures throughout the construction phase, identifying potential cost overruns and implementing cost-saving measures where possible.
- Variation Orders: Assess and process variation orders, change orders, and claims in accordance with contractual obligations and project requirements.
- Progress Payments: Prepare and review progress payment applications submitted by subcontractors and suppliers, verifying quantities, materials, and work completed against contractual milestones.
- Value Engineering: Collaborate with the project team to identify value engineering opportunities and cost-saving initiatives without compromising quality or project objectives.
- Risk Management: Identify and assess project risks related to cost, schedule, and scope. Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to address potential issues proactively.
- Dispute Resolution: Assist in the resolution of disputes and claims arising during the course of construction projects, working closely with legal counsel and project stakeholders to achieve mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of project costs, expenditures, and contractual agreements. Prepare detailed reports, cost analyses, and financial forecasts for internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, procurement methods, and cost management principles.
- Proficiency in quantity surveying software and tools, such as CostX, Bluebeam, or equivalent programs.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to accurately interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to liaise confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced construction environment.
- Familiarity with relevant construction regulations, industry standards, and best practices in quantity surveying and cost management.
If you meet the above qualifications and are eager to contribute to the success of construction projects in Abu Dhabi, we encourage you to apply for this challenging role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment. Thank you for considering Ali & Sons Contracting Abu Dhabi as your potential employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com