Website Soho House Portland
Pastry Cook – Soho House Portland
At Soho House, a Pastry Cook I collaborate with the Pastry Chef to create, craft, and develop simple, rustic, approachable yet memorable desserts, pastries, or other sweet goods. They are responsible for all aspects of the Pastry Kitchen and comfortable prepping, production, a-la-carte, and COGS. A Pastry Cook I is efficient and effective in the pastry kitchen and experienced in executing high-quality treats, tastes, and recipes.
A successful Pastry Cook I is a critical member of the team due to a diverse and specialized skill set and proven ability to execute all menu items, work every station, and properly from prep-to-plate, as well as deliver consistent pastries through production.
Pastry Cook I Job Description
- Proficient in preparing delicious, house-made pastries following recipes, contributing creatively, and working autonomously on all pastry stations to deliver a-la-carte or production-based pastries in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Support the Pastry Chef on the line and with inventory management, including purchasing goods to ensure kitchens are functioning optimally with sustainable food costs, while also maintaining control over wastage, oven temperatures, and quality to reduce additional costs. Educate line staff on COGs and its contribution to the company’s profit and loss.
- Supervise Pastry Cook(s), including on-boarding and on-the-job training.
- Adhere to health and safety policies (i.e., IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) and ensure compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards, as well as local, state, and federal laws.
- Maintain precise attention to detail and efficiency in creating a-la-carte dishes, including family meals.
- Support the Pastry Chef by assisting with end-of-shift reports and handover sheets.
- Maintain company target goals and provide a consistent experience for Soho House Standards for service; 3-8-10.
- Act as a positive influence for teams under pressure and foster a welcoming work environment that increases staff morale.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.